Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs. 2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease. 4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery. 5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user regarding personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks since they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have actually offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod 2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed. 3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003. 4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals of a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not function correctly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very easy to comprehend. Softwares are already readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with regard to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.