Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can store up to about 5 thousand tunes. 2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease. 4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery. 5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user regarding personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod 2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up. 3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003. 4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you want to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not work appropriately if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely easy to comprehend. Software applications are already offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.