Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand songs. 2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease. 4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery. 5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can control your TV, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod 2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed. 3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003. 4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not work effectively if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely simple to understand. Software applications are currently offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.